Charred Broccoli- who knew?


Charred broccoli- who knew?


Well, I kind of knew. I have been roasting broccol to a crunchy deliciousness for years now, and my family thinks it is veggie crack!
But recently, when Hubby and I were on a Pacific Northwest crawl, we happened upon a delightful little noshery called Cantina Leña hear our hotel in Seattle. There we discovered a salad that had charred broccoli with a difference. It was still crisp, but with a smokey flavor and yes, a charred look. Along with the broccoli, there were pickled onions, corn nuts and smoked cotija dressing.
Ever since I have tried to replicate this addiction disguised as a salad!
  • Charred broccoli
  • Pickled onions
  • Smoked cotija dressing
  • Corn nuts
So now when I got started trying to recreate that plate of deliciousness, I started with the broccoli. Well, I went to fire up the grill with my broccoli all cut up into uniform florets, (with a good bit of stem left on) and sprayed with olive oil-I found my grill didn’t work- so into the oven it went, at 500 degrees for about 20 minutes. Yummy, but still not like Cantina Leña’s.

Comments

Popular Posts