We started looking at this house in winter. We had no intention of moving, but there was some sort of  magnetic pull that kept us coming back. I was fascinated with the kids playing hockey on the frozen lake... how was the ice not cracking and swallowing them up? Brave, brave children! Hubby even stepped off the sea wall and stood there while I furiously clicked a picture... maybe I was secretly hoping he'd fall in; that would have made a really swell pic, and it's not that deep, he would not have drowned! I mean this is Northern Virginia... it's not cold enough to play hockey on lakes!
Anyway daughter P is home from San Francisco. She really, really wanted the lake to freeze while she was here. Funny because she really, really loved it in summer, when she'd go out on the little fishing boat and jump in again and again. Of the three kids, I think she loves it the most. She is my Lakesprite Junior.
We just spent 3 weeks in Australia, and marvelled over the white sandy beaches and clear azul water. We landed back here as it was beginning to snow... the next day there was still snow on the ground, and I thought... "another winter on the lake"... but it's not going to freeze any time soon. It started, but got rained away... but I never tire of the changing ripples.

Comments

Popular Posts